Your privacy is important to Northcutt Services
Your privacy is important to us. This statement outlines Northcutt Services policy on how we collect personal information and how we maintain, use, store and disclose the personal information we hold and reflects our commitment to you. It applies to all operations within Northcutt Services Pty Limited (“Northcutt Services”) in Australia, including visitors to our website.
It is the policy of Northcutt Services to respect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals. Northcutt Services are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended) (Australian Act) in Australia.
We are committed to being open and transparent about how we manage personal information.
Types of personal information held by Northcutt Services and when and how it is collected.
Personal information includes information regarding your contact details, work experience, qualifications, aptitude test results, opinions about your work performance (eg references), incidents at the workplace, and other information obtained or received by us in connection with your possible and actual work placements.
Sensitive information (Australia only)
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information under the Australian Act. It is information or opinion about you, including membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union; criminal record; health information, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, or sexual preferences or practices. As outlined in the Australian Act, sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
We may collect personal or sensitive information about you when:
• You complete one of our application forms or provide any other information in connection with your application
• We receive any reference about you
• We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
• We receive the results of any competency or medical test or any background check, including credit and criminal record checks
• We receive any complaint or other information from or about you in the workplace
• We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you were involved
• We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved
• You provide us with any additional information about you
Purposes and use for which we collect personal information
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
• Your actual or possible work placement
• Career guidance or management
• Your performance appraisals
• Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
• Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
• Our identification of your training needs
• Informing you of possible work opportunities, relevant candidates, or other events such as training or information sessions by direct mail/email/sms
• Any workplace rehabilitation
• Our management and resolution of any complaint, inquiry or investigation in which you are involved
• Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
• Undertaking criminal reference checks and other background checks
• For research, development, business systems and infrastructure testing, and other business purposes to assist us in providing our services to you
• Our direct marketing to you
If you do not give us the information we seek:
• We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you
• We may be limited in our ability to place you in work
We may disclose your personal information (including to trusted third parties) for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related secondary purpose and in some cases, we may only disclose information with your consent. Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
• Potential and actual employers, clients of Northcutt Services and trusted third parties
• Northcutt Services employees and potential employers located in Australia (and any other countries where Northcutt Services may provide its services in the future) regarding possible work placements or to assist us in providing our services to you
• External providers of on-line training and induction - eg mandatory on-line H&S Induction, and background checking agencies - eg criminal record and credit checking
• Third party contractors for the purposes of providing us with specialised and efficient database management and development. Such service providers/contractors may be based outside of Australia and will only use your information for the purpose of providing services to Northcutt Services and will not use your information for any other purpose.
• Our insurers
• A professional association or registration body that has a legitimate interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
• A Workers Compensation body
• Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
We do not disclose information about your individual visits to the Northcutt Services’ website.
Management of personal information
At Northcutt Services, we train our staff to respect the confidentiality of customer information and the privacy of individuals. Northcutt Services regard breaches of your privacy very seriously and any breach will result in disciplinary action being taken, dependent upon severity. Northcutt Services have appointed a Privacy Officer to ensure that our management of personal information is in accordance with this policy and the relevant Privacy Act.
How do we store and protect personal information?
Safeguarding the privacy of your information is important to us, whether you interact with us personally, by phone, mail, over the internet or other electronic medium. We hold personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records, and take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. However, when we consider information is no longer needed, we will remove any details that will identify you or we will securely destroy the records.
How do we keep personal information accurate and up to date?
Northcutt Services takes such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it holds and discloses is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading. We recognise that information changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. We generally update your customer information over the telephone. Please advise your consultant when your personal details change.
General information collected from visitors to our website
We gather information about all our website users collectively, such as what areas users visit more frequently and what services users access the most. We only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users, and how we can continually create a better overall website experience for you.
Your personal information collected on the northcuttservices.com website.
In some instances we may need specific information about you, such as name, address, email address, telephone number etc. We will collect this information if you apply for a job or sign up for a service via our website. We may also ask you for other information such as the types of jobs you are interested in and your workplace concerns in order to provide you with the best possible service and internet experience.
This website uses services provided by google analytics. Google analytics provides services including Visitor recordings, demographics and linking methods. The information generated by the tracking code about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by google analytics on their servers. Through the google analytics tracking code the information collected includes: