Of late, mining costs have gone through the roof and the need to cut costs cannot be over-emphasised. So why employ excess Engineers when you can outsource Mining Engineers. Offsite Engineers are the solution to avoiding additional costs associated with engaging extra full time Engineers. Our Engineers are just off your site but will provide the same crucial services as if onsite. We provide individually tailored Mining Engineering services from our offices and only come to site when required.
The shortage of Mining Engineering services during hiring, leave breaks or for special projects disrupts Technical Services departments’ service provision, as well as the mine’s operational efficiency. Our team of experienced Mining Engineers and allied Technical Services personnel are available for Relief Mining Engineering coverage onsite. Onsite is anywhere you work from, at the mine or at your head office. The Engineers are available for both short, medium and long term mine planning work.
Northcutt Mining Consultants (a division of Northcutt Services Pty Ltd) is a locally owned business, based in Blackwater, Queensland. Our locale, right in the heart of the Bowen basin, makes us the closest Mine Planning Consultants to most coal mines in Central Queensland. This greatly reduces transport and accommodation costs for our clients, and gives us speed and agility when responding to clients' requests for a quick assessment of situations in the pit.
- Relief Mining Engineer Contract work for Glencore's Newlands Mine (July'20 - Dec'23) - responsible for Dragline, Pre-Strip and Coaling operations mining engineering support work (designing, operational plans, scheduling and operations monitoring, control, reporting & reconciliation)
- Relief Mining Engineer Contract work for BMA Blackwater Mine (May'16 - Jun'20) - responsible for Dragline, Pre-Strip and Post Strip operations mining engineering support work (designing, operational plans, scheduling and operations monitoring, control, reporting & reconciliation)
- Relief Mining Engineering support for Yancoal's Yarrabee Mine (Nov'17 - March'18) - responsible for Truck/Shovel and Drill & Blast operations mine planning support work (designing, operational plans, scheduling and operations monitoring, control & reporting)
- Short Term Mine Planning Contract work for BMA Blackwater Mine (Nov'15 - Mar'16) - Assignment included Draglines and Truck & Shovel operations mining engineering support work (Designing; Scheduling; Time Usage Modelling; Operational Plans; Operations Monitoring, Control & Reporting; Strip Reconciliations), using Vulcan, XACT, 3DDig, mRoc, Modular, Corvus
- Mining Engineering Consultancy work for TMM Group (Feb 2015). Assignment included Mid Term Dragline designs (Vulcan) and 3DDig evaluations/simulations for client project
- Mid Term Mine Planning Contract work for BMA Saraji Mine (Nov'14 - Jan'15). Assignment included Draglines and Truck & Shovel design work and STP schedules using Vulcan, XACT and TALPAC.